Saturday, July 10, 2010

Buying land that is not for sale? Legal advice needed!?

I would like to purchase the lot that my neighbor's trailer is on. They haven't been mowing the grass or living there for at least a month and I know they have another home they own and have been living in. I would like to draft a letter to send to them but need some advice on what to say. Keep in mind I don't want to be rude, as they are my neighbors and I might have to live with them for awhile if they decline. I would be purchasing the land on contract and they can have their trailer. Any legal advice?Buying land that is not for sale? Legal advice needed!?
You may want to do more homework before approaching them about buying it. I would find out from the Assessors office what the tax value is, if there are any liens on the property, if there is a mortgage on it and with whom. Then find out what land of similar size is selling for. Then decide if you can or want to offer a fair market price. At least you will be armed with information to make your case a good one.Buying land that is not for sale? Legal advice needed!?
Don't mention the lawn. Just say that you are offering them ____price. _____cash now. ____money to be paid later (if any). And a closing date that they would be expected to remove their trailer. Sign and date.


When they sign and date, you have a binding contract. Write it on any white piece of paper.
I agree with bad. Do your homework 1st and find out as much as you can about it before making a fair offer. Also find out if the mobile home is affixed to the property. (Legally not physically). If it is and you buy the lot it becomes your problem

No comments:

Post a Comment