Friday, July 16, 2010

Why would someone offer to buy my house if it's not for sale?

Some one left a note on my door that said, we buy houses and I am interested in yours. I called out of curiosity and the guy said he's a flipper. I told him my house is not for sale %26amp; I asked why did he inquire he said he found it on a list and said it had rats. What is he talking about? What list? We do not have rats, we have lived here 3 years.





I would sell if it was an offer I couldn't refuse but we didn't even talk money.





I live in Texas if there is some strange list out there saying certain houses have rats and such please let me know where I can find it!!!Why would someone offer to buy my house if it's not for sale?
s.c.a.m.Why would someone offer to buy my house if it's not for sale?
A flipper buys houses for the purpose of selling them quickly. Don't bother about the note, it was a flier, he was just advertising. He wants a house he can buy cheaply and sell quickly for a large profit. I live in Texas also, so if there is such a list, I want to see it.
I get letters like this once in a while. They aren't fliers, they have been hand-written letters. I'm sure that mine are from flippers. We have a large house in a good area and we haven't done a lot of exterior improvements so it looks like there is plenty of potential for profit.





I haven't had one suggest that our house was on a ';rat list';.
the guy probably wanted to buy it because if that list said it had rats he figured he could get for a low price and fix it up to sell for a high price, that's what flippers do. as for that list, I'm sorry but I don't know what that's about.
that man have a large need is your house and he is trying to make the price of your house to go down as much as he can by telling you that there is a rats in your house so donot sell your house to that man because he will not give a good offer at all.
i live in florida and its happend to me before, got a letter in the mail and all it is is deprate real-estate agents that need money
Wow...that would actually scare me a litte.





Never heard of what you are talking about ...maybe he was just making it up to get you to consider selling.





I would wager he is making the ';list'; up.
he just said that to munipulate you. there was no list and no rats he just see yours house as cha-ching$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Because they really want your house and they know that everyone has a price.
They like the location..or they know that the housing market may be down, and want to 'flip' the house. He was BSing you about the rat list.
This sounds like someone is looking to buy property on the cheap. I'd believe about 0% of what you were told.. it's the old fear, uncertainty %26amp; doubt sales technique.
Sounds like a prank to me.....


but I could be wrong.


I am sometimes lol
it's a scam. Do NOT respond.
probably it's a joke or a prank....

No comments:

Post a Comment